Saturday, April 24, 2010

She and her Neverland.

As I said way before, I'm the first-born in the family. When I was five, my mom had another baby. Just a few weeks before the 17th July 1997, I remembered my dad took me to Gramedia, as usual, memperbaharui isi lemari buku setiap minggu. I was still in Surabaya back then, ah kangeeeeeeennn

My dad and I accidentaly found a book. Titled Amaryllis. As in name of a flower. And my dad eventually said at that time, "this will be a beautiful name for your sister." So I brought it home, along with the others.

And that's how my mom and dad named her. Amaryllis Puspabening. Beautiful, isn't it? Shows a lot of feminity.

My mom's the one who actually blessed with those artsy talents. Gw sih cuma numpang ambil bisa narinya doang, tapi urusan gambar menggambar sih.. bahkan si papa bilang tangan kamu kan kiri semua hiah, sakit hati. Itu kenapa terus gw memutuskan melakukan pembuktian melalui masak memasak dan bikin kristik (yang jadinya lama banget) hahaha. Biarin, niat kan yang penting? Padahal, sekedar membuktikan tangan gw gak kiri semua!

Anyway, this is not about me.

Take a look at some paintings inside the house. My house.



You'll find that one in the living room. My sister has started her first drawing when she was, about five? Bahkan gambar dia waktu jaman tk setara sama gambar gw yang gw kirim ke bokap ke Jakarta waktu kelas dua sd. Malu banget ih. Hahahaha.

.

And that's another two. One of my favourite is the blue one. While hers is on the right. Since she was about eight, she has managed to play all the colour lines without any repeated pattern. It's like everything's already in her mind, she just moved it from the canvas inside her head.





Jangan salah. Kamar adek perempuan saya yg satu ini ngalahin kapal karam. Ini yang dibilang messy artsy ya kayanya? Jangan-jangan deh. Superb. When I walk into the room with the intention to find something, semakin besar barangnya kemungkinan ketemu semakin besar. Masih besar.


Usually, when she came up with a new idea I'd be one of the first to know. But she managed to hide my birthday present, somehow. And it was amazing! She knows how I love the black and white secara seumur hidup sebelahan gimana gak tau ya haha so she came up with this idea.





I almost cry when she gave me this one. Nothing can beats a hand-made present :) especially from your dearest, right?

(to be continue..)

No comments:

Post a Comment