Sunday, April 17, 2011

Broadway.

Today I'm back in Jakarta, a quick come back since I've been homesick all week and I got family business to be done. After a long day, I walked into my bedroom, the most cosy place on earth and grabbed my black bag hanging on the edge of my bed. My course bag, vocal course to be exact. And so I started to take out all the papers CDs and even song books. All of them all in one genre, Broadway. You know, it's hard to find people with the same interest of music as I am. Every community has their own kinds of music, outside of it is just the mainstream or the after 20s people who adore old musics, those legendary songs. The rest are the fanatic followers of Billboard, Mtv, and radios.

I don't really know when I first in love with Broadway. I grew up with Nat King Cole's, Queen's, Elton John's, and Disney for sure. I once play piano, then I learnt guitar and now since I'm away in Bandung and don't bring the guitar with me - I'm such an idiot in music. My first best since years ago is always singing. I notice that today, everybody can be a singer. Young and old, amazing voice or just mediocre, the technology and make up will always help. World of entertainment, the craziest circle of politics and tricks. I started my vocal course about five to six years ago, at Purwacaraka - not far from home. I'm blessed to found the teacher I've always been with - call her Ms Elly. She has strong eyes and strong voice, fierce is in her eyes. She's moving from one choir to another choir but she's been teaching with the best vocal teacher in Indonesia - Catherine Leimena. Amazing. Now I wish I go to a university in Jakarta so I can keep practicing these skills - but oh I'm not sure myself. And so, she introduced me to the real world of classic and Broadway. Phantom of the Opera? Ah, no need to ask. I'm practically IN LOVE with it! Andrew Llyod Webber and David Foster are the best composer that has ever liver, all hail them both! They've created such masterpieces. You know Disney? They even create the Broadway version of Disney. One thing I love the most about Broadway, is that you're not only singing but also give the song your soul. It's theatrical! You dance and sing and you can laugh while singing, teasing with the nots of your lyrics - God that's the real definition of art! You have to carefully control the mechanism between take a breath dan hold it while singing, giving emphasizes, giving mimics! Broadway is just... delightful.

I miss singing, I really do. I hate the fact that I no longer dance or sing for real way back in Bandung. Or maybe it's because I haven't put enough efforts?

No comments:

Post a Comment